Tamang Heritage Trail Trek:
|Group size||1-15 PAX|
|Arrival on:||Kathmandu, Nepal|
|Meals:||Breakfast in Kathmandu &
All meals during the Trek.
|Accommodation:|| Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu,
Teahouses during the Trek
|Max-Altitude:||3165 m / 10381 ft|
|Departure From:||Kathmandu, Nepal|
|Best Time to Travel||Spring-Feb to May
Autumn – September to December
|Transportation||Private Jeep & Private Car in Kathmandu.|
This trek leads us to the northern part of Nepal. This trek is one of the most famous treks; Previously, Tamang heritage Trail was restricted area near Tibetan Border. It was un explored part of Langtang region which is recently been opened to tourists. The people are mostly mongol origin whose culture is traced back to hundreds of Years ago. Langtang Tamang Heritage trail reflect the solitude and serenity of Himalayan lifestyle.
Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu – altitude: 1345meters/4412 ft
Day 02: Kathmandu Full Day Sight Seeing / Trek Preparation
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (1460m/4789ft) 7-8hrs drive
Day 04: Syabrubesi to Gatlang (2,200m/7,217ft) 5 hrs
Day 05: Gatlang to Tatopani (2607m/8550 ft) 6-7 hours
Day 06: Tatopani to Thuman (2,400m/7,874 ft) 6 hrs
Day 07: Thuman to Briddim (2,345m/7,693 ft) 6 hrs
Day 08: Rest and exploring day in Briddim
Day 09: Briddim to Syabrubeshi,
Day 10: Syaprubeshi to Kathmandu by Jeep/Local Bus
Day 11: Kathmandu Full day Rest/ Explore the Mythical Kathmandu Valley
Day 12: Final Departure
|Day 01:||Arrival Kathmandu – Altitude: 1345meters/4412 ft
Arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport. Welcoming with Garlands(Nepali Traditional Style of Welcoming Guests)
Transfer to Hotel; rest of the day at leisure.
Overnight at Hotel.
|Day 02:||Kathmandu Full Day Sight Seeing / Trek Preparation
After the Breakfast, We proceed for Exploring the ancient palaces of Kathmandu valley which are included in World Heritage Sites.
Places to Visit:
· Swyambhunath Stupa (Monkey Temple): There are 365 steps leading all the way to the top commanding a magnificent view of Kathmandu valley and the breath-taking panorama of the snow-clad Himalayan Range. The tradition in the Stupa follows the Vajrayana for of Buddhism which is a tantric variation of the Mahayana Buddhism (the great vehicle). The stupa seems to have been constructed during the Licchhavi Period. Religious and literally sources give numerous accounts of the establishment and the patronage of the Swayambhunath premises. It is also interesting to note that the stupa went a series of renovation during the Malla period in the medieval times with donations made by the merchants, monks, pilgrims and Buddhist followers.
Later, in the Evening Free on your own. Overnight at hotel
|Day 03:|| Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (1460m/4789ft) 7-8hrs drive
We have our breakfast at hotel then move for our 7-8hrs (150km) journey to Syabrubesi. We drive through black top pitch road till trishuli bazaar where we have our lunch. Road get worst as we go closer to Himalayas so get prepare for adventure drive till our destination. Still we can enjoy views of rivers, waterfalls, villages, terraced fields and lots more and if the weather is clear we can see stunning panorama of the Himalayas including Manaslu, Annapurna, Ganesh himal. We rest for the night at syabrubesi which is starting/ending point of our trekking in Langtang Region.
Lunch on the way,
Dinner & Overnight Stay at Local Hotel/Guest House.
|Day 04:||Syabrubesi to Gatlang (2,200m/7,217ft) 5 hrs
Early Morning Breakfast,
An hour and Half ascent from which we can see Fantastic view of Ganesh Himal, Goljang Valley and Gosaikunda range. After then 1 hour downhill walk from the viewpoint where we do our lunch in Goljang Valley. After Lunch 3 hours treks leads to Gatlang Village which is a very beautiful Tamang Village.
Dinner & Overnight at Hotel/Lodge.
|Day 05:||Gatlang to Tatopani (2607m/8550 ft) 6-7 hrs
It is longest day of Entire Trip which will take about 7 Hours. The Trek Begins by descending Thangbuche by Bhotekoshi river where we will have lunch. Ascent continues until you get to Tatopani which literally means “hot water” where we can have bath at natural hot spring which locals believe having healing power that eases away your aches and pain.
Dinner & Overnight at Hotel.
|Day 06:||Tatopani to Thuman (2,400m/7,874 ft) 6 hrs
The trail ascends to Nagthali Danda (3300m) the high open grassland with amazing views of snow covered Himalayas. Stop for lunch at Brimdang village. Trek Continues by Ascending and Descending up to Thuman, a Tibetan influenced Tamang Village with Friendly People,
Dinner & Overnight at Local Teahouse Lodge.
|Day 07:||Thuman to Briddim (2,345m/7,693 ft) 6 hrs
Flatter trail in the beginning and descends to Timure en route to old Tibetan Trade route. Stopping for lunch. After Lunch trail begins to Briddim. Another Tamang Village where we get home away from Home hospitality by locals and get to stay locals Home which is based on rotational basis followed by cultural dance and food by locals.
Dinner & Overnight at local Lodge or Teahouse.
|Day 08:|| Rest and exploring day in Briddim
Briddim is a Tibetan Buddhist village, ideally located on the lap of the Langtang Himal. Here, we visit the Dukchu Gomba monastery. In Briddim, we notice that most of the houses are built by stones and are inhabited mostly by people of Tibetan origin. Briddim in fact, resembles a typical Tibetan village on this side of Tibet.
|Day 09:|| Briddim to Syabrubeshi,
After breakfast, Trek Descends down to Syabrubesi which is just 3 hrs walk from Briddim, Lunch and rest of the day at Syabrubesi;
Dinner & Overnight at Teahouse/ Lodge
|Day 10:|| Syaprubeshi to Kathmandu by Jeep/Local Bus
After Breakfast we set our journey towards Kathmandu, Arrive Kathmandu check-in hotel Evening Free on your own. Overnight at Hotel.
|Day 11:||Kathmandu Full day Rest/ Explore the Mythical Kathmandu Valley
Today you can have full day rest or you can explore more about the mythical Kathmandu Valley. There are plenty of places to visit in the valley such as Bhaktapur Durbar square, Nagarkot hill top, Thamel- where you can spend wonderful time doing last minute shopping. Overnight at Hotel.
|Day 12:||Final Departure
After Breakfast, you can enjoy your last moment packing your fruitful memory of Nepal. If your flight is at the evening you can enjoy last moment shopping at Thamel. All Final departure towards Airport.
· Airport pick-up and Drop in a private Car.
· Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu on Bed & Breakfast basis.
· Teahouse accommodation during the trek including Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
· Welcome & farewell Dinner (with cultural Dance show).
· All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary.
· An experienced, English-Speaking Guide; government-licensed trek leader and assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide)
· Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
· Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation.
· All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (national park permit, TIMS)
· Medical Kit (carried by our trek leader)
· All government and local taxes.
· Nepal Visa on arrival at Kathmandu airport USD 25.00 per person for 15 Days.
· Airfare for International Flights
· Entrances of Sightseeing Spots on Kathmandu USD 55.00 per person.
· Lunch & Dinner in Kathmandu.
· Extra personal expenses like telephone bills, Laundry service, Drinks, Tips to Guides/Driver/porters etc
· Other Expenses not mentioned above.