Rara Lake Trek
|Group size||1-15 people|
|Arrival on:||Kathmandu, Nepal|
|Meals:||Breakfast in Kathmandu and all meals during the trek|
|Accommodation:||3* Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu and Teahouses during the Trek|
|Departure From:||Kathmandu, Nepal|
|Best Time to Travel||Spring-March to May
Autumn – September to November
|Transportation||Flight & Private Vehicle|
The trek to Nepal’s largest Lake “Rara Lake” at an altitude of 2980 meters is one of the best places to explore. This lake is so beautiful that it is even called as “Queens of Lake”. Our journey will start by flying over Nepalgunj and over a small airstrip in Jumla. We will be entering Rara National Park which is known as one of the best parks in the world and the route is well off the beaten track and affords glimpses of cultures and scenery very different from other parts of Nepal. Spectacular view of snowcapped mountains, pristine lake, valleys, rivers, hill over hills and also habitat by musk deer, Himalayan black bear, leopard, Himalayan goral, and many more. If you are looking for wilderness and solitude, and can overcome the logistical complications of the region, this trek is a good choice.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264ft)
Day 02: Kathmandu sightseeing in World Heritage Sites
Day 03: Fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj (150m/490 ft) 1hrs
Day 04: Fly from Nepalgunj to Jumla (2,540m/8,334ft) 20min
Day 05: Trek from Jumla to Chere Chaur (3055m/10,023ft)
Day 06: Chere Chaur to Chalachaur (2980m/9,777ft)
Day 07: Chalachaur to Sinja Valley (2490m/7669ftft)
Day 08: Sinja to Ghorosingha (3050m/10007ft)
Day 09: Ghorosingha to Rara Lake (3010m/9876ft)
Day 10: Explore Rara Lake
Day 11: Rara Lake to Talcha Airport
Day 12: Fly to Nepalgunj, fly to Kathmandu
Day 13: Final departure
· Airport pick-up and Drop in a private vehicle.
· 3 star Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu on Bed & Breakfast basis.
· Teahouse accommodation during the trek including Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
· Welcome & farewell Dinner (with cultural Dance show).
· All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary.
· Domestic flight
· An experienced, English-Speaking Guide or different language Speaking Guide as per the demand of the clients; government-licensed trek leader and assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide)
· Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
· Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation.
· All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (national park permit, TIMS)
· Medical Kit (carried by your trek leader)
· All government and local taxes.
· Nepal Visa on arrival at Kathmandu airport USD 25.00 per person for 15 Days.
· Airfare for International Flights.
· Entrances of Sightseeing Spots on Kathmandu.
· Lunch & Dinner in Kathmandu.
· Extra personal expenses like telephone bills, Laundry service, Drinks, Tips to Guides/Driver/porters etc
· Other Expenses not mentioned above.