Phoksundo Lake Trek (Lower Dolpo)
|Group size||1-15 people|
|Arrival on:||Kathmandu, Nepal|
|Meals:||Breakfast in Kathmandu and all meals during the trek|
|Accommodation:||3* Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu and Teahouses during the Trek|
|Departure From:||Kathmandu, Nepal|
|Best Time to Travel||Spring-March to May
Autumn – September to November
|Transportation||Flight & Private Vehicle|
The trek to Phoksundo Lake is remote and isolated part of western region with lots of variety, with lovely forested sections, dramatic Phoksundo Lake and a tiny pocket of the unusual Bonpo culture. Bonpo culture is pre- Buddhist Bon Po religion which is very rare and people living here still practice this culture. Its lies in the rain shadows area formed by Mt. Dhaulagiri and Annapurna ranges. Our trek begins with short flight to Juphal via Nepalgunj and passing by three high passes, the Kagmara La (5115m), Baga La (5090m) and Numa La (5360m) passing the tranquil Phoksundo and ending at Juphal, where we started.
The lake is within Shey Phoksundo National Park, which was established in 1981. The park is said to abound in wildlife, although the most spectacular inhabitants – snow leopards and herds of blue sheep – are found primarily in the northern restricted regions of the park near Shey Gompa. The lake and the trail are snowbound from mid- November to mid- May. Almost all the inhabitants of ringmo village move to lower elevation at this time.
Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel
Day 02: In Kathmandu; Full day sightseeing overnight at hotel
Day 03: Fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj 1 hrs
Day 04: Fly to Jhupal 45min flight (2,320m/7,610ft) & trek to Dunai (2,850m/9,348ft) 2-3hrs
Day 05: Dunai to Tarakot (2,543m/8,341ft) 5-6 hrs
Day 06: Tarakot to Laini (3,160 m/10,365 ft) 6-7 hrs
Day 07: Laini to Nawarpani (3,545m/11,627 ft) 5-6 hrs
Day 08: Nawarpani to Do Tarap (4,090m/13,415ft) 7-8 hrs
Day 09: Rest Day at Do Tarap for acclimatization
Day 10: Trek to Numa La Base Camp (4440m/14,563 ft) 6-7 hrs walk
Day 11: Cross Numa La pass (5,190m/17,023ft) camp at Pelung Tang (4465m/14,645 ft) 6-7hrs
Day 12: Cross Baga La pass (5,070m/16,630ft) trek to Dajok Tang (4,080m/13,382ft) 6 hrs
Day 13: Dajok Tang to Ringmo (3,600m/11,808ft) 3-4 hrs
Day 14: Hike to Phoksundo Lake
Day 15: Phoksundo Lake to Shyanta (2520m/8265 ft) 5-6 hrs
Day 16: Shyanta to Jhupal
Day 17: Fly to Nepalgunj, fly to Kathmandu
Day 18: Final departure
· Airport pick-up and Drop in a private vehicle.
· 3 star Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu on Bed & Breakfast basis.
· Teahouse accommodation during the trek including Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
· Welcome & farewell Dinner (with cultural Dance show).
· All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary.
· Domestic flight
· An experienced, English-Speaking Guide or different language Speaking Guide as per the demand of the clients; government-licensed trek leader and assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide)
· Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
· Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation.
· All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (national park permit, TIMS)
· Medical Kit (carried by your trek leader)
· All government and local taxes.
· Nepal Visa on arrival at Kathmandu airport USD 25.00 per person for 15 Days.
· Airfare for International Flights.
· Entrances of Sightseeing Spots on Kathmandu.
· Lunch & Dinner in Kathmandu.
· Extra personal expenses like telephone bills, Laundry service, Drinks, Tips to Guides/Driver/porters etc
· Other Expenses not mentioned above.