- Trip Name : Kathmandu,Heatuda&Chitwan
- Trip Duration : 11 Days
- Trip Grade : Moderate
- Activity : Sightseeing, Cycling
- Highest Altitude : m
Summary of Offers:
Included meals- 3 meal per day during bicycle tour (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
Transport- Car/ Van/ Hiace/ Mini bus/ Bus
Accommodation- On twin sharing basis
Tour Staff- Driver(s), Local guide, Cyclist
Nepal offers a wide range of topographies and lifestyle that spreads across the country and this bike tour offers you just that. From the urban streets of Kathmandu to the secluded village of Dakshinkali and Bhrimhedi riders ride along the elegant chure areas of Hetauda. Ride onto Chitwan where riders experience lush tropical vegetations, varied wildlife and a serene country environment. The trail offers awesome downhill rides with some clear single tracks and a few strenuous climbs- all of which make this an interesting trip.
Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu 1300m & transfer to Hotel
Day 02: In Kathmandu- Bicycle trail around
Day 03: Cycling from Kathmandu to Dakshinnkali
Day 04: Cycling to Taker
Day 05: Cycling to Bhimphedi
Day 06: Cycling to Hetauda
Day 07: Cycling to Chure
Day 08: Bicycle tour around Sauraha
Day 09: Drive back to Kathmandu
Day 10: In Kathmandu- free day for personal activity
Day 11: Depart to Airport
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu airport, welcome by our representative & transfer to hotel, check in at hotel, rest of the time free. Overnight at hotel Manang or Marshyangdi on BB plan.
Upon arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport, our representative will greet you and accompany you to your respective hotel.
Day 02: Breakfast at hotel, Bicycle trail in Kathmandu & nearby area (09:00 hrs to 17:00 hrs), Overnight at hotel Manang or Marshyangdi on BB plan.
We will take a leisurely trip around the city to warm up and do some sightseeing on wheels. Whizzing through the busy streets of the capital city we will encounter fast pace of modern city life and its glittering glamour.
Day 03: Breakfast at hotel, bicycle tour start: Bicycle tour from Kathmandu to Dakshinkali (approx 18 km 1600M), lunch on the way , Dinner & overnight at Dakshinkali village resort on BB plan.
On the first day of our tour we peddle to Dakshinkali. We cross the bussy city roads and follow the winding roads along the rims of the valley. We pass through many fine successions of Buddhist and Hindu holy places and finally reach Dakshinkali, which is one of the most tantric sacrificial shrines in the valley. We stay at the Dakshinkali village resort for the night.
Day 04: Breakfast at hotel, bicycle tour from Dakshinkali to Taker or Bhimphedi (approx 30 km 1820M), lunch on the way , Dinner & overnight at local lodge in Taker or Bhimphedi on BB plan.
After breakfast we continue our tour and ride to Bhimphedi. Today the ride is mostly downhill and we have to be very careful as the road at many places is steep. Today’s destination is Bhimphedi which is located in Makwanpur District and is known for its famous bazzar.
Day 05: Breakfast at hotel, bicycle tour from Taker or Bhimphedi to Hetauda (approx 34 km 680M), lunch on the way , Dinner & overnight at local lodge in Hetauda on BB plan.
After breakfast start our journey from Bhimphedi to Hetauda. Today’s ride is considerably easy and there are not many difficult points. Along the way we are accompanied by the beautiful scenery of hilly settlements with tiny thatched roofs and lush fields. Hetauda is an important city located in the plains of Nepal.
Day 06: Breakfast at hotel, bicycle tour from around Hetauda & Chure area, lunch, dinner & overnight at local lodge in Hetauda on BB plan.
Day 07: Breakfast at hotel, bicycle tour from Hetauda to Sauraha -Chitwan (approx 77 km), lunch on the way , Dinner & overnight at lodge in Chitwan on BB plan.
Day 08: Breakfast at hotel, bicycle tour from around village in Sauraha -Chitwan, lunch , dinner & overnight at lodge in Chitwan on BB plan.
Day 09:Breakfast at hotel, drive back to Kathmandu (approx 170KM 5-6 hrs drive), arrive at Katmandu & transfer to hotel Manang or Marshyangdi. Overnight at hotel Manang or Marshyangdi on BB plan.
Day 10: Breakfast at hotel, full day free or personal activities. Evening farewell dinner at local restaurant with live cultural show. Overnight at hotel Manang or Marshyangdi on BB plan.
After reaching Kathmandu, we go to our hotel to freshen up and enjoy rest of the evening strolling around the nearby area or do some last minute shopping. We will have a farewell dinner with live cultural show to windup an amazing journey.
Day 11: Breakfast at hotel, free time till departure, transfer to airport for connect onwards flight
The unforgettable tour to Nepal ends today. Our representative will take us to the Airport to fly to your destination. Nepal once is not enough, so you can plan or chitchat with our representative for your next tour to Nepal.
Include & Exclude:
The above cost includes following services:
- Accommodation as per the itinerary on twin room sharing basis.
- Transportation as per the itinerary by a/c car, van, Hiace, minibus, bus.
- English speaking representative for airport pickup or drop in Kathmandu.
- Soft trail branded cycle per person per bicycle.
- Bicycle guide during the cycling tour.
- Meals: 3 meals a day ( Breakfast, Lunch & dinner) during the bicycle tour
- Fare well dinner on last night.
- All applicable Taxes
Cost does not include:
- Meals in Kathmandu.
- Services are not mentioned above.
- Personal insurance
- Medical expenses
- Emergency rescue services ( If required incase)
- Bar, telephone, laundry, internet bills.
- International / Domestic sector air fare.
- Support transport Kathmandu / Hetauda / Chitwan if required.
- Tips for supporting staffs.
- Nepal Visa fee ( For15 days US$25.00 per person and for 30 days US$40.00 per person)
Note: Deposit for bicycle hire US$100.00 per person (Refundable) along with passport copy. Bicycle should be return same condition, if any damage & broken should be pay the maintenance cost by the rider.
Detail Tour Information:
The information provided will assist travelers as they consider their travel plans. Each Itinerary is provided with an overview and some useful information regarding accommodation and meals, visa details, cultural etiquette, general health guide and some additional information that might be helpful for travel preparation.
Carry some extra cash for things like alcohol, snacks, internet usage, laundry and other purchases along the way. Also tipping is expecting in Nepal for guides and porters if you are happy with the service provided. Be sure to carry hard cash as there are no ATMs along the route.
the price of the trip included porters for carry baggage so only personal items needs to be carried during for day. Porters may not arrive at the Tea House when riders do, so always carry warm cloths and other important items. One porter is allocated for two riders with a load limit of 13kg per person.
The trip package does not include payment for drinking water; riders should manage their own drinking water. Although bottled mineral water can be bought along the trail, it is highly recommended to carry some water treatment tablet. Filtered water is readily available in all hotels and tea houses. For this trip two one liter bottles or one two-three liter bladder is recommended
From simple tea house to four star resorts the accommodation along the Trail varies. All accommodations have hot water, attached bathrooms and electricity and some may have internet facilities as well.
SUGGESTED PACKING LIST
• Water proof/wind proof jacket suitable for riding, optional Down Jacket (Winter Season Only)
• Long thermals, a couple of T-Shirts and shorts or trekking trousers
• Light Fleece Jacket or a Warm Jumper
• Cycle clothing – long sleeve and short sleeve tops, full and half cycling shorts, arm warmers, leg/Knee warmers, thermal cap, knee and elbow pads are recommended
• Hat, sunglasses, sun cream, toiletries (Bio Degradable is recommended)
• Windproof/water proof cycling gloves (full), Helmet (Both are Compulsory on HST Tours)
• Chap stick, moisturizer cream, toilet paper, Hand wipes and sanitizer
• Good shoes for cycling (Stiff race type SPD shoes are not recommended go for a walking style SPD Shoe), also a pair of sandals or flip flops for around the tea houses
• Warm socks, woolen hat and a scarf/Muffler
• Buff, bandana or some kind of face covering
• Own medicines including re-hydration salts and any personal medication required (Our Guides carry full first aid kits)
• Camel Pak or water bottles (Minimum 2 Liters)
• Water proof pack cover, Sleeping bag (Optional) or Sleeping Sheet
*To make things easier for our porters, we request you to pack your belongings in soft water proof duffel bags or back packs rather than suitcase.
Personal Travel Insurance
Copy of Passport
2 Passport Sized Photos
Signed Copy of Himalayan Single Track Booking from and disclaimer
BIKE SPARE PARTS
If you are bringing your own bike to Nepal then you will also be required to bring the spare parts required to keep your bike on the trails. All our guides are good mechanics who will assist you with repairs etc. We recommend that you bring the following items for your bike own bike. Our guide will carry tool kits and basic spare parts.
• Inner tubes (esp if you are running 29 or 27.5 wheels)
• A tire that fits your bike, recommended for Nepal 2.2+
• A few spokes and nipples
• Hanger/Drop Out
• Seat Post Clamp, spare parts/adapters for through axles
• Chain Oil, Bleed kit relevant to your brakes and/or dropper seat post, suspension pump, pump, brake pads
Spare parts and accessories can easily be purchased in our shop, most readily available items in Nepal are Shimano 9 and 10 speed chains, cassettes and cranks, tubes 26 & 29 and a full range of cycling clothing.
According to available extra time, travelers can chose to add some additional activates to their trip. Depending on the duration and location, wide variety of activated can be selected like, Bungee Jumping, Rafting, Paragliding, Jungle Safari, Cultural tour, Homestay and many more.