Mythical Kathmandu Valley Trek
|Arrival on:||Kathmandu, Nepal|
|Meals:||Breakfast in Kathmandu,
All meals during the Trek
|Accommodation:|| Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu,
and Teahouses/lodge during the Trek
|Departure From:||Kathmandu, Nepal|
|Best Time to Travel||Spring- Jan-May,
Autumn – Sep-Dec
Kathmandu is the heart of Nepal and in every aspect it represents the entire country. The most amazing thing about Kathmandu is its eclectic characteristic. On one hand it’s this busy metropolitan city with hustle and bustle of modern city life and on the other just a few miles away from the centre city there are hills covered with lush forests and tiny villages with thatched roofs. This trek around the rim of Kathmandu valley captures the essence of traditional Nepali lifestyle with beautiful scenery along the entire route. The assortment of Nepali village life and beauty of nature is perfect for beginners as well as family who wish to embark on an inspirational journey.
|Day01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel (1345meters/4412 ft)
Day02: A day in Kathmandu with full day sightseeing tour.
Day03: Drive to Sundarijal 1350m & begin trek to Chisapani (2140m/7062ft) 4-5hrs
Day04: Trek to Nagarkot (1915m/6319ft) 5-6hrs
Day05: Trek to Dhulikhel (1610m/5313ft) 5-6 hrs
Day06: Trek to Panauti (1515m/4999ft) 3-4hrs & drive back to Kathmandu via Bhaktapur Durbar Square.
Day07: Final Departure or Extend for Extra Activities…
|Day 01:||Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel (1345meters/4412 ft)
Arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport. Welcoming with Garlands(Nepali Traditional Style of Welcoming Guests)
Transfer to Hotel; rest of the day at leisure.
Overnight at Hotel.
|Day 02:||A day in Kathmandu with full day sightseeing tour.
After the Breakfast, We proceed for Exploring the ancient palaces of Kathmandu valley which are included in World Heritage Sites.
Places to Visit:
· Swyambhunath Stupa (Monkey Temple): Located on a lovely hillock, Swayambhunath Stupa lies 4 km west of central Kathmandu. There are 365 steps leading all the way to the top commanding a magnificent view of Kathmandu valley and the breath-taking panorama of the snow-clad Himalayan Range. The tradition in the Stupa follows the Vajrayana for of Buddhism which is a tantric variation of the Mahayana Buddhism (the great vehicle). The stupa seems to have been constructed during the Licchhavi Period. Religious and literally sources give numerous accounts of the establishment and the patronage of the Swayambhunath premises. It is also interesting to note that the stupa went a series of renovation during the Malla period in the medieval times with donations made by the merchants, monks, pilgrims and Buddhist followers.
Later, in the Evening Free on your own. Overnight at hotel
|Day 03:||Drive to Sundarijal 1350m & begin trek to Chisapani (2140m/7062ft) 4-5hrs
08:00 hrs drive to Sundarijal 1350M ( 14 KM approx 45 min drive)
Arrival at Sundarijal and trek start:
Trek from Sundarijal to Chisapani (2140M 04- 05 hrs walk)
We arrive at Sundarijal after breakfast annd start our trek form Sundarijal. The trail from Sundarijal to Chisapani is an uphill track through sub-tropical forest and hills. Along the way we will also pass through tiny clusters of thached roofed huts and villages. On a clear day we may see the entire mountai frange from east to west and also a panaromic view of Kathamndu Valley.
Lunch on the way
Overnight at local lodge in Chisapani on AP plan.
|Day 04:||Trek to Nagarkot (1915m/6319ft) 5-6hrs
The trail from Chisapani to Nagarkot is mostly downhill. Nagarkot is famous for the breathtaking views of the entire Himalayan range. On a clear day we can see five of the world’s ten highest peaks, Everest, Lhotse, Choyu, Makalu and Manaslu from Nagarkot. It is also an ideal location for watching sunrise and sunset.
Lunch on the way, dinner & overnight at local lodge in Nagarkot.
|Day 05:||Trek to Dhulikhel (1610m/5313ft) 5-6 hrs
After our enchanting encounter of the Himalayan range from Nagarkot we trek towards Dhulikhel. We climb up to Nagarkot tower and from there we descend down the trail through rhododendron forest. Along the way we see many scattered tiny thatched roof huts with farms on terraces. Dhulikhel is one of the important towns around the valley and is a famous resort destination due to its hilly location and lush green terraces. We rest for the night at Dhulikhel and let the enchanting view of surrounding hills rejuvenate us.
Lunch on the way, dinner & overnight at local lodge in Dhulikhel.
|Day 06:||Trek to Panauti (1515m/4999ft) 3-4hrs & drive back to Kathmandu via Bhaktapur Durbar Square.
Panauti is a traditional Newari village with significant historical and cultural value. The trek from Dhulikhel to Panauti will be filled with natural delights and cultural insights. We will walk past natural settings that are simply breathtaking and along the way we will meet local folks who are warm and welcoming. Once we reach Panauti we will have a close encounter with their rich cultural heritage and traditional values.
Drive back to Kathmandu; on the way visit Bhaktapur (1321 M).
Bhaktapur is located about 20 km east of Kathmandu and takes around 30 min drive to reach. Bhaktapur is another Newar city founded in the 9th century A.D. Bhaktapur Durbar Square is the centre of the city. The main items of interest in Bhaktapur Durbar Square are the Lion Gate, the Golden Gate and the statues of kings on stone monoliths. The Golden Gate was erected by King Ranjit Malla as the entrance to the main courtyard of the Fifty-five Windowed Palace. Bhaktapur Durbar Square was added to the list of World Heritage Sites by UNESCO in 1979. The majestic building is an exquisite example of medieval art and architecture of Nepal
Lunch at Bhaktapur
PM : Visit Bhaktapur Durbar Square
Evening fare well dinner at local restaurant with live cultural show
Overnight at hotel in Kathmandu on BB plan
|Day 07:||Final Departure or Extend for extra Activities:
Breakfast at hotel
Free time till departure
The unforgettable tour to Nepal ends today. Our representative will take us to the Airport to fly to your destination. Nepal once is not Enough, so you can plan or chitchat with our representative for your next tour to Nepal.
Transfer to the Airport to connect onward journey flight. Or Extend For extra Activities in Nepal…
· Airport pick-up and Drop in a private Vehicle.
· 3 Night Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu on Bed & Breakfast basis.
· Teahouse accommodation during the trek including Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
· Welcome & farewell Dinner (with cultural Dance show).
· All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary.
· An experienced, English-Speaking Guide or different language Speaking Guide as per the demand of the clients; government-licensed trek leader and assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide)
· Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
· Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation.
· All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (national park permit, TIMS)
· Medical Kit (carried by our trek leader)
· All government and local taxes.
· Visa fee to Nepal: US$ 25 per person for 15 days Multiple entry visa. Subject to change.
· Meals: Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
· Any beverages including Mineral water.
· Insurance with coverage of emergency & medical evacuation.
· Personal expenses like telephone bills, laundry charges, table drinks, camera/video-camera fee at monuments etc.
· Any other items not mentioned above.